The PFCC is always looking to add to our membership. Anyone wishing to become a member will need to understand our requirements for new members and follow the process fully.
New Member Minimum Requirements
To be considered for membership an applicant must meet minimum requirements in order to qualify for a formal vote. Applicants must:
Express a direct desire to join the organization via open online application.
Starting in 2019 the open application period will run April 1 through April 30.
Submit an application consisting of:
- A 500-word letter of introduction explaining why they want to be considered for membership and what they would bring to the membership.
- A resume of their critical writing history.
- Links to 10 of the writer’s reviews that best showcase their work.
- A link or links to the writer’s first film review from at least 5 years ago, and to 25 current film reviews per year the last two years, with no less than 50 in any two year period. Podcasts and video reviews are admissible forms of reviews. The media submitted must offer thoughtful criticism on films and not simply cover pop culture or news.
- Take an active role in media screenings.
Once an applicant has submitted their application, and it has been reviewed, they must have the support of at least four current members to trigger a vote on that particular application. To be accepted as a member applicants must receive supporting votes greater than half of the current membership, rounded up.
Applicants will be informed by September 15 (for 2018) and June 15 (thereafter) if they have been chosen for membership.
All information must be submitted to the PFCC via e-mail to: info at philafcc.org